Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Tuesday is usually grand rounds - but today we had an in-service on how to use the IPL (intense pulse light) laser for all kinds of lesions. It was fun to break things up a bit with something different for a change. I also got a big thumbs up from our program coordinator when I told him about dermpath...

Then it was up at Lincoln for the afternoon - thankfully a busy but not insane afternoon. I didn't have a zillion consults like yesterday! This picture is of Emily, Anna and Emma, the other derm residents up at Lincoln this month with me. Every day we take a cab up there and back together - and take turns each week paying and sitting up front with the cabbie. This is my week, so the picture is from the front seat :)

oday is also CSA day!
CSA = community supported agriculture
After work I go with my friend (and co-resident) Emily to pick up all the goodies that were harvested that week - today we got:
Black Bell Eggplant
Orient Express Eggplant
Sweet Peppers (purple and green)
Sun Gold Cherry Tomatoes
Tomatillos (yum!!)
Basil
Leeks
Summer Spinach
Borlero Carrots
Jalapeno Peppers

Fruit
Concord Grapes
Honey Crisp Apples
Macintosh Apples

For dinner I made tomatillo salsa and fajitas - YUM! and for dessert I tried to cook up some of the concord grapes for a compote, but as you can see, it was mostly just a big mess.

2 comments:

mar said...

Ohhhhh, great pics! : ) I want to eat one of those grapes right now, hehe. What is dermpath?

Yoko said...

Jenny- what does dermapath mean? Is it just a word to say dermatology fellowship?

ALL those fruits and veggies - who does the gardening?? It is such a sustainable lifestyle - LOVE IT!